Responsive WordPress Website Conversion Case Study
Challenge: Needed to switch from Joomla to WordPress in 2 weeks or less. Needed to update scheduling widgets, zero down-time.
5-Person Experienced Team: Client’s CEO, Graphic Designer, Laura Thieme, Senior PHP Developer & Part-Time Intern
Project Leader: Laura Thieme – 20 years of experience of managing website projects
Developer Team: Senior PHP Developer – 20 years of experience Mike – I’ve worked with Mike on my team, as a senior level technology assist for 20 years. I can always depend on Mike for just about anything. No matter what Mike has going on in his work schedule, he always finds time for helping on almost any web dev project. He does the difficult stuff, site transition, bug fixes, CSS edits, etc. I can’t imagine launching a site without Mike involved in some way.
WordPress Website Solutions:
- Zerif Lite WordPress theme & various trusted plug-ins
- Small biz trusted, web hosting
- Graphic design – Client provided PDF for home page, color codes, font style for headings, content and buttons
- Scheduling Widgets – Thieme updated MindBodyOnline (MBO) dance studio class schedule widgets, which work easily in WordPress
- Calendar Widget – Google Calendar widget easily moved over from Joomla environment to WordPress
- New Content – Existing website already had most of the content and images from the Joomla website redesign project in late December, however, we needed to add 5-10 new pages.
- Images – Most of the images were taken by the client’s photographer, to which they enabled easy access. A couple of additional stock photos were also provided by the client. Client is responsible for all stock image fees, and licensing requirements.
Why WordPress instead of Joomla?
Check out this blog article on why we converted the website to WordPress from Joomla, and why you should too!